SANTA CLARA, California, January 11, 2022 / PRNewswire / – CyberRes, a Micro focus (LSE: MCRO; NYSE: MFGP), launched today ‘Galaxy,’ an immersive cyber threat experience that delivers actionable, business-centric insights to security managers. CyberRes Galaxy enables cyber professionals to quickly gain visibility into the most pressing threats to their business and helps organizations secure their value chains so they can focus on growing their business.
The impact of COVID on enabling technology, combined with the use of machine learning, IoT, AI, blockchain, and other methods of business innovation, has increased the surface area of attack that opponents can exploit. With various sources of security threat data, CISOs need a more holistic means of analysis and rapid action. With CyberRes Galaxy, organizations can accelerate leaders’ understanding of cyber risk, make faster business risk decisions, and lower the cost of deploying proactive cyber resilience measures to their business.
CyberRes Galaxy is a platform designed from the ground up to help CISOs, senior executives and risk professionals remove hyperbole and focus on what matters to their business. It does this by linking individual users and their specific business risks to the threats they need to address in order to ensure complete cyber resilience. CyberRes Galaxy’s Priority Intelligence Briefings (PIB) are accompanied by countermeasures that an organization can deploy to secure its digital value chain.
“CyberRes Galaxy presents a whole new way for security managers to understand the threats their business faces by providing timely, targeted and relevant information that is easily accessible with in-depth insights, including the expectation of potential annual loss. and steps that can be taken to mitigate risk, ”said John delk, Managing Director and Executive Vice President of CyberRes, a business line of Micro Focus. “As the growth of cybercrime continues to increase, security managers need to be able to quickly identify threats that are relevant to their organization and focus on what matters most: protecting the business, detecting an changing risk surface and evolving their security posture to adapt to a changing threat landscape. “
Key customer value characteristics and results of CyberRes Galaxy include:
- Improve efficiency and avoid costs: Improve efficiency and reduce costs by filtering out business noise so your cyber defense teams can focus on what matters. Using your saved profile, the platform will recommend threats that are important to your unique business risk.
- Be better prepared: Galaxy enables customers to be better prepared by linking threats to their region, as well as major global events. For example, in Galaxy, you can find out about upcoming events in your area.
- Understand the impact on the business: Galaxy provides the ability to map a user’s business digital risk profile with threats to their unique environment. To do this, it combines threat campaigns with the geographic, sectoral, digital and commercial risks concerned. Exposure is quantified in an annualized expected loss (ALE).
- Training action: Micro Focus customers can enhance the experience by integrating Galaxy directly into ArcSight for active cyber defense related to their business needs. This unique threat response service provides ArcSight customers with an industry-aligned, actionable cyber defense capability to limit exposure, take timely action, and improve end-to-end visibility.
- Communicate to the company: Galaxy includes a digital communications program to provide visibility into the role of cybersecurity to senior executives, business managers and key business stakeholders.
“The importance of cybersecurity and cyber resilience continues to grow for organizations, regardless of their industry or region. With major digital transformation occurring on an unprecedented scale, cybersecurity and the associated need for cyber resilience is poised to grow, ”said Umang Handa, cybersecurity manager and partner, PwC. “What the industry needs is a platform where executives, CISOs, SecOps, ITOps and internal audit teams can get a complete view of the latest threats, as well as plans. insightful action to strengthen their organization’s overall cyber defense. “
With a deeper understanding of how threats work and the challenges they pose to businesses today, CyberRes has tapped into the front-line intelligence of the ever-changing threat landscape. We leverage leading field expertise to go beyond the typical tactical, technical and procedural view of a threat report. IT managers can count on CyberRes Galaxy to deliver action plans that better prepare their organizations to deal with threats while improving their overall cyber resilience.
Galaxy Community Edition is available today. Create a free account on www.CyberResGalaxy.com.
For a quick explanation of how CyberRes Galaxy works, watch this short video on our CyberRes YouTube channel: CyberRes Galaxy
CyberRes is a business line of Micro Focus. We bring the expertise of one of the world’s largest security portfolios to help our clients navigate the changing threat landscape by building both cyber and business resilience within their teams and organizations. CyberRes is part of a larger set of digital transformation solutions that combat adverse conditions so businesses can continue to operate today, keep the lights on, and transform to grow and take advantage of the opportunities of tomorrow.
SOURCE Micro Focus