Earlier this year, after an initial rumor of a 2021 launch, Samsung officially unveiled the Galaxy S21 FE. It’s the company’s best-budget version of the flagship Galaxy S21 launching in 2021, so if you don’t want to splash the cash on the Galaxy S22 but still want flagship performance, then this is it. is the perfect device for you.
Sure, it doesn’t necessarily pack the best display (only FHD+) or the best cameras, but at an asking price of $599, it’s actually a pretty good deal all told. Now the problem is that if you bought it from a carrier, the phone’s SIM card is locked until the contract expires.
If you need to unlock phone SIM card, don’t worry because there are actually several different methods which we have listed below.
Samsung Galaxy S21 FE 5G
- SMOOTH SCROLL: The 120Hz display offers super smooth scrolling, with an optimized refresh rate and fast touch response…
- REAL DISPLAY VISION: The high-quality display with Dynamic AMOLED 2X delivers vibrant color and brightness even in bright conditions.
Unlock via your carrier
If you don’t want to spend money to unlock the SIM card on the Galaxy S21 FE, there is actually a free option which is to unlock the SIM card through your carrier. There are a few requirements for this to work and these include:
- You must be in good standing with your carrier, which means you have no outstanding bills and the contract with your carrier for the phone has expired
- You will also need to ensure that you have owned the device for at least 60-90 days.
These requirements may differ from carrier to carrier, so your best bet would be to call them and find out exactly what you will need. If the phone is still too new to the contract, they might not necessarily unlock it for you, but since it’s a free option, why not give it a shot? In the worst case, they deny you and then you can move on to the next option, but in case they do, here is how you can unlock Galaxy S21 FE SIM card for free.
- On your Samsung Galaxy S21 FE handset, launch the Phone app and dial *#06# to view your phone’s IMEI number
- Write down the IMEI number somewhere so you can refer to it later
- Call your operator and ask for your SIM unlock code
- You will probably be asked to provide the IMEI of the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE
- If you meet all the conditions we mentioned above, the SIM card unlock code will be sent to the email address you provided within the next 2-5 days.
- Once you have received your code, replace the SIM card with a SIM card from another operator
- Enter the SIM unlock code you received in your email when prompted and you’re set!
Obtain the unlock code from a paid third-party service
If you are told by your carrier that they cannot SIM unlock Galaxy S21 FE right now, don’t worry as there is another option using Android SIM unlocking services which you will have to pay for. Don’t worry, these fees are quite small and well worth it if you value having a phone with an unlocked SIM card.
- On your Samsung Galaxy S21 FE handset, launch the Phone app and dial *#06# to get the device’s IMEI number
- Write down the IMEI number
- Go to Android SIM Unlock website
- Enter your device’s IMEI number
- Complete the checkout process with your payment and contact details
- Once the payment has been made, you should then receive the unlock code for the Samsung Galaxy S21 FE either by SMS or by email
- As soon as you have received your code, you can exchange your phone’s SIM card with a SIM card from another operator
- You should be prompted to enter the SIM unlock code you received in your email, and once you’ve done that you should be good to go.
Note: This article may contain affiliate links that help support our authors and keep the Phandroid servers running.